The world-famous TOP TEN head guard in a modern, new design. All TOP TEN head guards are molded from Bayflex® material. It is the safest head guard on the market as well as being virtually indestructible. The anatomically correct fit secures the head guard to the head to prevent any slipping. Sweat does not corrode the Bayflex® material and can be easily wiped cleaned. The TOP TEN head guard is globally approved and a must for the serious sport-fighting athlete. The following points list the important comfort and safety improvements
· Shaped padding on the forehead protects against external injury. (e.g. lacerations around eyebrows, forehead, and top of skull).
· Ergonomic fit with integrated strapping
· Extremely lightweight Bayflex material prevents sweat absorption and allows easy cleaning.
· Venting for maximum air circulation.
· Does not impair vision or hearing.
· Headguard is produced as one, full-injection mould, not in parts · Made in Germany.
What companies use Bayflex in their Headguards?
Only TOP TEN. Bayflex is an expensive and specialized material to work with. Many companies avoid using it to save money producing head guards with cheaper materials. TOP TEN knows the importance of protecting athletes and helping them to sustain long, injury-free careers.
Photo (thumbnail above) Testing of the TOP TEN head guard included using a pendulum in the shape of a fist with a variety of gloves attached. The blows to the headguard were repeated over 100,000 times. More than any other headguard in the world. The legal testing requirement from AIBA is a minimum of 10,000 blows. Further tests show that the Top Ten Bayflex head guard can reduce a punch’s impact by 45%. This is extremely important in all combat sports to protect the fighter from potential head injuries.
Furthermore, the head guard offers no points of application for additional rotational acceleration (a frequent cause of cerebral hemorrhage).